- Andrew Nosnitsky, ‘Gray Matters’, Pitchfork (4 March 2013). On the legacy of Houston’s DJ Screw– possibly the most influential hip-hop DJ of this century– and how his impact goes way beyond simply slowing things down.
- Audio: NTS Radio DJ Screw Special (2015). Silly me — I should have been assigning a mixtape every week! I’m really looking forward to this one.
- I really recommend that each group create a Slack channel and add me to it; we need to start talking about y’all’s final projects in earnest.
For Next Time
- Charles Holmes, ‘“He Shook the World”: George Floyd’s Legendary Houston Legacy’, Rolling Stone (2 June 2020). This is behind a firewall, but should be accessible from the campus library.
- Audio: ‘Big Floyd and the Rise of Houston Chopped N Screwed Music’, Switched on Pop (9 June 2020)